Saturday, May 23, 2009

Hello Mustang












......Mustang! A black, convertible, Mustang GT, manual, with red leather interior & matching red racing stripes, no less. I have had to totally change my driving style as this is a car that wants to be driven, but is also a car that screams 'shoot me with your radar gun, Mr Police Officer', so I am driving it with kid gloves. It is quick though, 0-60 in just over 5 seconds, although I haven't had the opportunity to test this out yet (it does feel like it could be quick when you accelerate). There is a dragstrip fairly close by in Illinois, so I am thinking about attending one of the 'test & tune' events so that I can see what my new 'boy toy' can do in a safe environment. Driving with the roof down is a new experience that Beth seems to especially enjoy. It was raining on the day I was scheduled to pick up the new car, but as soon as I got to the dealership, the Sun started to edge out from behind the clouds & when I got home we were able to drive with the roof down - totally cool!!