Friday, January 27, 2006

Driving test, drive through banks, & movies

Aced my state driving test today. I had to sit a 25 question written test, a road sign test, have my eyes tested, & then take a practical driving test. You start off with 100 points & these are taken off if you make an error - I didn't, & still had 100 points at the end of the test! It is much quicker than the UK test as well. It took me less than 2 hours from start to finish & although I booked an appointment, this is quite unusual as it is a walk in service (with no waiting list).

Used a drive-through bank the other day. The ATMs are positioned such that you just drive up & get your money without even having to get out of your car!

Going to watch a film at the Des Peres cinema tomorrow morning. I was given the ticket by the estate agents that I used to buy my house - they are having a customer appreciation day.

After that, I'll go to my house & spend the rest of the weekend decorating.