Saturday, July 08, 2006

It's raining............rain!

When we arrived at Chuck E Cheese's it was a really hot, sunny day with not much humidity & no clouds in the sky. After being there for about two hours, it suddenly came over really dark. Then the rain started, followed by the wind, & then a huge bang (just as the lights went out) & the power cables in front of the restaurant blew down. The rain lasted for about another hour (on & off) & then it started to brighten up. The skies didn't really clear, though.

After we left the restaurant we stopped at a local used car lot to look at a new car for Cheryl. As I didn't really get much of a choice with my lease car (coupled with my love for American Cars) I had been dropping hints to Cheryl that she needed something sporty with a big V8. Beth has been seeing a private tutor & a trip in her convertible Mustang had convinced Beth that we had to have a convertible.

We looked at a white convertible Mustang that Cheryl liked, but it didn't have a V8 & so I wasn't so impressed. Anyway, the salesman insisted that I take it out for a test drive, which I did. In the meantime, the skies really darkened & I'm sure that I saw a funnel cloud (potentially the beginning of a Tornado). I had the keys to our car & so Cheryl & Beth were left standing on the lot under ever darkening skies waiting for me to return. There wasn't much rain this time & soon the skies cleared, paving the way for more thunder storms during the night.