Sunday, December 17, 2006

Birthday Time

I had just celebrated my birthday before I moved to the US, & so with my first anniversary of living in St Louis rapidly approaching, it was time to celebrate my first 'US' birthday. As with most celebrations here in America, things are done in a much bigger fashion, which meant that Beth & Cheryl found some really cool twisty candles for my cake in a local party store. Although my birthday was on a Sunday, they baked the cake on the Friday before whilst I was at work, so that it would be a surprise.

On my actual birthday, we went to the local Pasta House Italian restaurant. I had previous signed up for their reward scheme & received a coupon for a free meal to celebrate my birthday. Dessert was a special birthday slice of strawberry cheesecake that was covered in cream & sprinkles & had a candle in it. Despite my protests, Cheryl & Beth were adamant that the servers should sing happy birthday to me. This meant that all the waiters & waitresses were now crowded around our table loudly singing the Pasta House's own unique spin on 'Happy Birthday'. Quite embarrassing, but pretty cool.