Saturday, May 23, 2009

Pharaoh's Car Show (Culver's, Arnold)









One of my co-workers (Don) is a total petrol-head to the point that makes me look like I have no interest in cars whatsoever. I think he was so used to me replying 'nothing' to his almost daily question, 'so what car have you bought then?', that he didn't believe the screensaver of the car on my computer at work was actually my car. After the shock & the allegations of me copying him (he has a Shelby Mustang that is black with red stripes & also has the red interior package), he mentioned that the Pharaoh's car show (at Culver's in Arnold) was on at the weekend & that he would be displaying one of his cars there. There is no age limit for vehicles (unlike the local Memories Car Club shows where the vehicles have to be 1979 or older) & he suggested that I should bring my car along as well - so I did! I ended up driving into the car park behind Don (he was in his Viper GTS Coupe) & there just happened to be two parking spaces next to each other at the front of the restaurant (the prime parking spot apparently). This worked out well since there was outside seating right next to where we were parked. This show/cruise is very relaxed & included music, a 50/50 drawing, & free attendance prizes (which Don had mentioned were really good at this particular event). I put my name in the drawing & won the first prize - a $10 gift coupon for pizza, two free concretes at Culver's, & two free movie tickets (total value about $40). The weather was great & the attendance was really good with probably at least 100 cars on display.