Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Car Hunting



Spent some of the weekend trawling around a couple of local 'classic' car dealers. Both were in Illinios, one about 10 minutes from St Louis & the other about a 45 minute drive away.

The first dealer (Gateway Classics) had all the cars indoors. There was a wide selection of vehicles (including a Mini), all of which were OK, but nothing really grabbed my attention. There was a really nice, original Dodge Charger that was immaculate but at $16k it was far too expensive for me.

Country Classic Cars had both inside & outside displays. Quite a few of the cars outside required restoration, however, there were some really nice cars indoors that seemed to be realistically priced & in excellent condition. They also had a really good selection with 500+ cars on display.

I found a really nice car that I fell in love with, but it was a bit outside my price range (shame). It is a 1969 Galaxie XL fastback with a rebuilt 390ci big block V8. It needed a bit of work compared to some of the other cars, but I really liked it. Guess it's time to get a loan!