Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Gateway Arch & Riverboat Tour

Since I had been up The Arch when Rose & Richard were visiting & only work a couple of blocks from the monument, I dropped Cheryl, Beth, & Nicola off on my way to work & agreed to meet them after they had completed their tour. As well as going up The Arch, they took a riverboat ride on the Mississippi. One of my co-workers had also recently done this & wasn't particularly impressed, so I was pretty gutted when Cheryl told me that it was really good & there were great views of both The Arch & St Louis City from the river. The cruise boats were replicas of the 19th Century steamboats 'The Tom Sawyer' & 'The Becky Thatcher'. The boat trip initially headed north along the river towards the Chain of Rocks Bridge before returning south towards the Port of St Louis with a continuous commentary about the city, river, & landmarks.