Wednesday, November 07, 2007

If One Engine Is Good, Two Must Be Better?

Whilst watching the cars cruise back along the cruise route at Sunset Hills (the fast part of the cruise), there was one car that stood out - Evil Twin. It is based on a 1919 'Princess Coach & reminded me of a 60's show car. As it was driving towards me, there was something that didn't quite look right, although I couldn't put my finger on it initially. It was wider than normal & didn't quite sound right for a 'normal' V8 hotrod. It was only as the car drew level with me that I realized that it had two engines! The car was at the Sunday show so I got the opportunity to have a closer look.

It was a well finished car & looked totally nuts with the show car styling. It had two radiators, two engines, two transmissions, & two rear differentials connected together on a single axle. The engines looked like Chevy V8s (but don't quote me on that) & I'm guessing that they are probably somewhere in the region of 5.7 litres displacement with about 350 horsepower each. It must be quite a wild ride with 700 horsepower & no front brakes!